Newtecnic is a professional services firm that provides engineering, architecture and project management consulting services for buildings, infrastructure, and the environment. It was founded in London in 2003.
The firm operates internationally, with 10 offices around the world.
Newtecnic’s projects are considered to be futuristic and are part of neo-futurism.
Newtecnic have contributed to the following notable international projects:
In April 2019, Newtecnic received the Queens’s Award for Enterprise, which recognises outstanding achievement in the fields of Innovation, International Trade, Sustainable Development and Promoting Opportunity.
Newtecnic have 150 articles published in international technical magazines in the last 3 years. Listed here are 30 of those scholarly articles, featuring Newtecnic’s approach, technology and project outputs:
1. Digital pattern books disrupt construction industry. Civil + Structural Engineer. 1 June 2019.
2. Design engineering for a future world. newdesign magazine. 2019 yearbook.
3. Welcome to the future. AEC Magazine, The 100th Edition. January/February 2019.
4. Digital twins for construction: out with the old, in with the twin. E&T magazine. 16 January 2019.
5. Best Practice, Redefined: Uncovering The Impact Of Drone Uptake. Feature in the eBook ‘Drones In Construction – Construction Takes Flight in 2018’. UK Construction Online. 2018.
6. Surface Beauty. newdesign magazine. Issue 133, 2018.
7. Scaleable Responses To Infrastructure Innovation. CEO Today magazine. December 2018.
8. Multi Industry Opportunities. Engineering magazine. September 2018.
9. Digital builds: The technology taking construction to the next level. The Engineer magazine. 6 August 2018.
10. Grand Theatre de Rabat, Morocco. Concrete Engineering International magazine. August 2018.
11. Newtecnic and Cambridge University Construction Research Partnership Delivers Concrete Facade Innovation. Premier Construction News. 29 July 2018.
12. Newtecnic and Cambridge University Construction Research Partnership Delivers Concrete Facade Innovation. Informed Infrastructure. 26 July 2018.
13. Cambridge research partnership pays dividends for building envelope design. The Construction Index magazine. 25 July 2018.
14. Firm Profile: Newtecnic. AECbytes. 24 July 2018.
15. Design and Construction Disconnect. Civil + Structural Engineer. 1 July 2018.
16. Cool Working In Hot Climates. EnvironmentalEngineering.org.uk. June 2018.
17. How to engineer the future and increase energy efficiency. Consulting-Specifying Engineer. 28 June 2018.
18. Newtecnic: Naturally Efficient. Construction Global. 16 June 2018.
19. Brave face: Managing change on the curviest, most complex façades. Construction Research and Innovation journal, volume 9, 2018, issue 2. DOI: 10.1080/20450249.2018.1480126. 01 June 2018.
20. Optimizing construction technologies and methods. Civil + Structural Engineer. 1 June 2018.
21. Closing The Gap Between Designing And Making. Institution of Engineering Designers (IED). 01 May 2018.
22. Newtecnic: Embracing The Third Dimension With Newtecnic. Construction Global magazine. April 2018.
23. Future Perfect. The Construction Index magazine. March 2018.
24. Futuristic UK engineering firm hits America. Global Construction Review. 9 February 2018.
25. Dreaming spires - towering vision. AEC Magazine. January/February 2018.
26. Talking to Machines. Construction Computing. January/February 2018.
27. KAFD Metro, Riyadh. Concrete Engineering International magazine. January 2018. Reproduced on buildingconstructiondesign.co.uk on 25 October 2017.
28. Building With Numbers. GeoConnexion International Magazine. October 2017.
29. Building Visions. The Engineer magazine. September 2017.
30. Very Grand Designs. Institution of Engineering Designers (IED). 01 September 2017.