OPPORTUNITIES AT NEWTECNIC
Structural / Architectural Engineers to be based either at Newtecnic Cambridge or London Offices, linked to the Glass and Facade Technology Group at Cambridge University Engineering Department. Candidates to state in which office they would prefer to be based.
Description of activities:
Newtecnic works closely with the Glass and Facade Technology Research Group at Cambridge University Engineering Department. As part of a medium-sized multidisciplinary team, successful candidates will work as building engineers on high profile international projects. Applicants should have the ability to think independently and strategically to solve detailed design issues whilst also working as part of a team. Applicants should have a strong interest in building technology, which forms the basis of any design generated at Newtecnic.
- Strong personal drive to develop knowledge in building engineering technology to work on world-class projects.
- Ability to work independently in order to tackle non-standard engineering problems from first principles.
- Ability to work within a dynamic team.
- Strong organisational skills and good time management in order to work on multiple projects, manage technical information and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate to other members of the team through presentations and reports.
2D and 3D modelling tools (such as Microstation, Revit, Rhino, AutoCAD) and FE analysis software are used at Newtecnic as design tools to understand the behaviour of structural, facade and MEP assemblies and develop innovative technology. Training will be provided in the use of this software, and associated workflows.
Confidence with both written and spoken English is required in order to produce written documentation and deliver internal and external presentations. Any additional language skill is valued, as most of the work in international.
Architectural Engineering, structural engineering, civil engineering.
Permanent contract after successful completion of probationary period.
Cambridge, UKor London, UK.
How to apply:
Candidates must, by the start of their employment, have permission to work in the UK. Please email a copy of your CV, a brief cover letter and your portfolio to email@example.com specifying your core technical skills, including any specific technical interest/skill in structures, facades, MEP, environmental analysis, 2D drafting and 3D modelling.